Monday, April 29, 2013

Me Made May and other news





After a lot of denying the inevitable, I have decided to join Me Made May.

I originally didn't want to for a few reasons.

1. I already wear the clothes I make.
2. As a beginner, I haven't made a lot of clothes.
3. I already know the gaps in my handmade wardrobe. (Hint: it's all of it.)
4. I'm probably not going to finish my pile of "just needs to be stitched a little." I'm too lazy to change out all the different color threads.

But then I decided that, yes, I was being way too lazy. I re-read the description and it's all about challenging yourself and I was just excusing myself and my negligence.

I tend to wear the same outfits over and over and yes, many of them already have something handmade in them. But it's the same. So to challenge myself, I'm going to attempt to style them differently so even if it's the same skirt or dress, it won't be an exact copycat outfit. Because that's normally what I'm all about.

And yes, perhaps I will tailor some outfits from my pile.

 'I, Kristin from Sew Classic, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear 2 hand made items each week for the duration of May 2013. I will also tailor 2 items of clothing during May 2013.'

Whew, this might be harder than it sounds.

Because I'm doing Me Made May, I set up a flickr account. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but maybe we can be friends there?

And because of that, I went ahead and set up a facebook so if you feel so inclined, you can like me on there! I've had a tumblr for awhile if that floats your boat.

A few people have found my twitter, which is cool and not hard to do, but it's not totally sewing-centric. I don't really want to create a new handle since twitter won't let you do that easily (or switch between handles easily) so I'm not sure if I'll change mine to something more generic but slightly sewing based or what. Hm. Facebook might be a big enough leap for now!

Okay, I changed my twitter handle. New one here!

No comments:

Post a Comment