Monday, April 15, 2013

Finished: Pushing Daisies Dress

I know you were terribly afraid I was going to update with yet another post on why you shouldn't use vintage patterns that resemble aliens, but worry not! 



With the neckline still looking vaguely Mormonish, I'm pleased to say that I'm finally finished with the Pushing Daisies dress! After fighting with it for what seemed like every step of the way, I'm generally really happy with how it turned out.


I do think I might take out the sleeves at some point just because it would make the dress a bit more versatile to wear in different seasons, but I'm not touching it any time soon. (Plus, it's much too cold to really venture out without tights, let alone sleeves!)





And of course it would be the Pushing Daisies dress if I didn't make some PIE!

For those unaware, the main male character, Ned, is a piemaker. He makes delicious and amazing looking pies in every episode. Chuck, the main female character, sneaks around and makes special pies for her aunts with gruyere baked into the crust.

I don't think I can say this with enough emphasis but WOW. The gruyere in the pie crust is the best decision anyone has ever made. Ever. I mean, yeah the apples and cinnamon and sugar is good and all, but I'd eat the freaking butter, flour, and gruyere all day long. 


And now for your entertainment, I present a story in 3 parts.

Yay, I made a pie.

I am going to eat this pie right now.

Hehehe I have pie.

Fin.

(For those unawares, the bf and I don't have a weird no touching policy, it's from the show.)

Edit: Boyfriend finally tasted the pie and our conversation went something like this.
Me: What did you think?
Bf: It was awesome, of course.
Me: But what did you think of the gruyere? You could tell when you bit into it, right?
Bf: You mean the lapdance happening in my mouth? Yeah, I could tell.

8 comments:

  1. You did it! I like the belt with it--much less amish. PS I may make cheese pie. This looks awesome and I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is gorgeous! And the pie looks super yummy. Pushing Daisies has been on tv lately and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Chuck would love your dress, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the colour! (I really miss that show...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks amazing!!!!!!! I think the neckline is demure rather than mormonish. The photos are great too, well done with the whole project x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Your dress is beautiful. Well worth the effort. The pie looks delicious too. Absolutely adorable photos. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yum, you did the gruyere. You are my hero!
      I posted my tribute dress as well, but sadly, no pie. http://wp.me/p2nQS5-mL

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous dress! The colour and style really suit you! And, love your pie making in hommage to the TV series! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg this is so gorgeous!! I <3 Pushing Daisies!

    ReplyDelete