Monday, August 19, 2013

Show Off Your Skivvies: The End (Finally!)

I am so pleased to announce that we are officially done with the Show Off Your Skivvies challenge. Yes, I know it was supposed to be over July 31st, and Ashley already did her wrap-up post, but what can I say? I like to take my time.

I really want to thank everyone that participated. It can be terribly scary showing off underwear (and even swimsuits!) on the internet, but I really think it's for a good cause. Not only are you potentially trying something new, making something better fitting, and making something that potentially saves you money, you're also showing it off for other sewers so they know if they want to make it, and to learn from mistakes you may have made - after all, isn't that why most of us have sewing blogs in the first place?

Another thing I was especially touched by was the number of people who wrote about their own body issues and explained why they were participating. Everyone has a story, everyone feels pressure to look a certain way, and while posing in my skivvies may not have cured everything, I feel much more confident about my body than I did when this started, and I hope everyone who participated feels the same way. Ashley and I hope to do this again next year so if you missed it or weren't totally ready to bare all, you have some time to get on board!

I also want to thank everyone who guest posted for this challenge. We learned so much, from how to find/make bras that properly fit to learning about the design process to learning how to make undies from our fabric scraps. Please check out the page with everyone's links and click around. There's so much information, and I just hope to add to it next year!

At the risk of sounding like a terrible Oscar winner who just goes on forever, I will wrap this up as the awful music just gets louder and louder. Below is everyone posing in their skivvies with links to their blogs. If I missed you, let me know and I'll add you to the group.

Thank you, everyone!



Teal Blue Bikini // Signora Aurora

Bombshell swimsuit
Bombshell Swimsuit // Very Purple Person

Kitty Hugs
Two Piece Swimsuit // Gjeometry
Green Bombshell // Kathy Sews

Two Piece Swimsuit // Young, Broke, and Fabulous

Finding/Making the Right Bra Size // Very Purple Person

Bombshell Swimsuit // Kathy Sews

And of course your hosts Ashley and I made many things as well!

Colette Nutmeg

Jasmine bra

Rosy Ladyshorts

French Knickers and Pajama Top

Amerson Undies

Ginger Swimsuit

Classic Bra

Thank you again for making and showing off your undies! I look forward to seeing some more next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment