Monday, August 5, 2013

Sewing Skivvies: We've come to the end (almost)!

And so we come to the end of the Show Off Your Skivvies Challenge! Ashley has a great round up of everyone's posts who participated.

However, there will be a few more posts from me because I'm not done with my swimsuit yet. Technically the end of the challenge was supposed to be August 1st, but do I ever finish anything on time?

That said, I am almost finished - just a few more bits of elastic to put on. And then, of course, I need to wait for my sunburn to go away because despite nearly 3 decades of practice, I still can't apply sunscreen evenly. And then, as it just so happens, my usual photographer loving boyfriend is out of town so I'll need to arrange for someone to take pictures of me... BUT this week, I will have pictures up by the end of this week.

And if you're a slacker like me, and still working on something, just let me know and I'll include you in my final post. If you sewed something up and wore it on your blog, and we missed it, please let me know and I'll also make sure you're featured as well.

Otherwise, go check out Ashley's post!

5 comments:

  1. I also will post my pics by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the swimsuits everyone made! When summer comes around in the southern hemisphere I am quite tempted to make myself some togs. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make your own, even though it's really not as easy as I thought it would be. I'll put up a page with my tips, as well as links to those I got info from tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. Ha! I always have trouble with deadlines as well. I'm glad I finished my swimsuit for this sewalong, but disappointed I did not have a chance to sew up the Madeleine bloomers, school has been SO busy and my final exam is next week! But, I will eventually and will still post it in the group. Looking forward to seeing your swimsuit, hope it's working out okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your final exam! The worst part of the swimsuit is over - now it's just finding the time (and the right weather!) to show it off. I think I may resort to finding somewhere indoors sadly.

      Delete