Friday, February 15, 2013

Finished: Cozy Knit Slippers

I'm feeling a little stuck on my knitting. I have yarn and ideas of things to make in my head, but some patterns scare me off and sometimes I'm not so sure how I feel about the finished product. Lately I've been unraveling my projects after I finish them because I decide I don't like them, but that's for another post.


I bought this thick, green yard to make cable slippers to wear around the house in the winter, but then I got so intimidated by the patterns for, essentially, socks, that I tabled the project for a few months.

After feeling iffy about my latest sweater and also discovering easy, free patterns on Ravelry, I decided to tackle the slippers again. And it turns out the pattern I liked best wasn't cable knit socks, but little elfish shoes instead.

Well, not quite as elfish as I imagined when I was making them since the toe isn't pointed. But pretty close. I just love the cuffs!

The pattern was ridiculously simple once I learned to read DROPS design patterns. For some reason I couldn't comprehend what they meant and every other line in the pattern I had to stop to ask for help.

Luckily I figured it out and now I have a warm pair of slippers!

1 comment: