Thursday, December 26, 2013

Finished: Knitted Mouse Rug


Via
I picked up this great book from the library called Pet Projects: The Animal Knits Bible and, yes, of course I made something for my two cats.

It has some cute projects in there, like a little tent (meant for turtles but totally do-able for cats) and some adorable sweaters and cushions. It also has some weird ones, like the anti-fireworks dog helmet and plastic knitted water lilies for your pond.

Anyway, of course I had to do a weird one for my cats. I mean, it's Christmas and I was taking a break from my cardigan so why not?


While I find animal rugs to be incredibly creepy, I figured my cats wouldn't have the same hang ups I do about dead animals, especially since it's a knitted item.


And thus, I created a mouse rug for them to lounge about on. I only wish we had a fireplace so they could properly enjoy it.


This was knitted up in a seed stitch and I almost wish I hadn't because I don't really care for it, but it's for the cats so it doesn't matter. I think the idea is pretty clever and they need more things to lay on/things I can easily pick up when company comes over.


I hope everyone had a great Christmas and hopefully you didn't spoil your pets as much as I did mine! I'd like to say I have one more sewing project to put up before the New Year, but don't get your hopes up!

2 comments:

  1. How quirky and brilliant! Looks like your little cat thinks its a winner ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully crazy! Clearly appreciated, I would make a change to my cats driving me mad sitting on my knitting.

    ReplyDelete