Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Attempt #1 of the Macaron Coin Purse

Have you guys seen those macaron purses? The tutorial is floating around on the internet and can be found at  Craft Passion.


Aren't they adorable?

I had the lofty idea of making these for people this Christmas, and putting something cute and clever inside for the lucky recipient.

I bought supplies to make several, but I kept putting it off. I was terrified of hand sewing, you see, so I changed my mind and bought/made gifts for everyone, except for this one macaroon purse for my sister.


Of course I put it off until the night before I was supposed to fly home.


And... it's okay. It shows my lack of hand sewing skills, I think.


I changed a few things from the original tutorial. Mostly, I made it plushy inside and out, rather than hard. It increases the storage potential of the pouch and makes it soft and nice.

Of course, plushy also makes it lopsided.
My sister likes the concept, but not my colors so I'm bought some nice purple fabric with birds and hearts on it and I'm going to try again. Hopefully it will be better!

And perhaps not so much like a strange monster.

1 comment: